BugsPest Control

Identifying a Small Black Bug

I found this bug dead on my sheets tonight. Does anyone know what this is? I do have cats, but nobody is itching. I haven't seen any others.

It could be a water bug or a beetle. It is not a bedbug.

Are you in the US? It looks like a plain old black beetle or ground beetle. They are ugly, harmless, and like to come inside to get cool.

Easiest way to get rid of them is suck them up in the vacuum and take the bag outside. One or two I usually do not worry about. If you see bunches, you may want to clean up any dead leaves and brush around your house and see if that stops them.

If that doesn't work, since you have a cat, you can see if you can find an exterminator that has pet friendly products but be VERY CAREFUL with the fur kid (and the humans too). If things kill bugs they are not so good for people either!

I think it might be Phalacrus fimetarius (Shining Flower Beetle) but your image is kind of blurry but this looks like it. It is harmless as another poster said.

Bed bugs