Identifying a Vine and Growing It from Cuttings?

This plant just showed up on my fence about 6 years ago growing incredibly fast. One year it flowered and had tiny bluish, purple blooms all over it. After some research I've decided it must be some type of morning glory. I clipped a few pieces and put them in water. Will they root? And does anyone know what this is?

Best Answer

www.fnps.org/.../passiflora-suberosa

I think this is a corkystem passion flower. The leaves do not look heart shaped enough to be morning glory, but it could just be I am not seeing the leaves full on. Post back after you check the link against your vine!

The leaves really aren't heart shaped. My plant looks more relative to the passion flower you found. I'll do some more research. Thanks for that!

Let me know what you learn!

Best Answer

I'm not sure this plant has been identified yet.....
I have several (Florida) Passion Flower vines and none of mine look like this - leaves are similar but not the same.

Of course, there are several variety so I may be wrong but when I enlarge the picture I know none of my vines have a 'bloom' like this one.

If you have found your plant - please let us know.
You do not say where you live or how you came to have the cutting but if you contact your county extension office they may help you as they know what type of vines grow in your area.

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

No I haven't figured it out yet. I live in central texas. Thanks for that link. I'll check that out next.

Please let us know what you learn about your plant.

This is Mourning Glory- is the common name for over 1,000 species of flowering plants. It's very invasive once it takes off.

The only way to truly get rid of it is to dig up the root. The flowers very in different shades of purple/pink colors.

This is a form of a morning glory plant. I have some here in my yard. I have grown them again from cutting but not like this. I try to get closer down the the main branch of the plant and cut off a good size branch from my plant. I just put them in dirt and they root again and grow. You can try it this way but I feel that the branch you have cut is a bit too small to root again.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantMay 13, 2020
🌻
🐛
🎆
😎
😷
👔