Information About Decorative Jar?

Does anybody have an idea about this piece? I have yet to find anything about this. Where it's from, material (I believe it is clay), value, or name of the company. Any thoughts?

It's not a old piece, and could possibly be from a class. But to get professionals to take a look, https://www.justanswer.com - www.reddit.com/r

The piece is dated 2002, so it is not old. Can you tell if the writing is with a marker or baked in?

It has the feel of an artist piece--maybe purchased at craft show. Looks like clay.

There is a Facebook group that my be able to help: Vintage American Pottery Identification

Post back if they can offer you more details.

Looks like clay and maybe not rubbed smooth as some pottery is.
I've seen similar jars/jugs at craft shows where everything had to be handmade. Most were usually made in shops at home and taken to crafts shows all during the year.
The makers would sometimes paint different designs on the jars and even add something personal for a buyer.
This may not be one of that kind so you might want to ask your question at one of the forums.:
potteryandglass.forumotion.com/
www.20thcenturyforum.com/

Considering the signature on the bottom and the date on this jug I would say it was made at a craft fair. There are a lot of people who throw these types of pieces on a wheel. They are mostly made with red clay as this one looks like it is made with. I have done a lot of throwing of clay in the past on a pottery wheel and it can be a lot of fun. This was fired in a high fire kilim because of the type of clay it is made from. I use to work with this type of clay because it is easy to throw on a wheel. Other clays when thrown on a wheel are not as easy to shape like this.

Ill bet it was a gift for someones wedding in 2002.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousNovember 22, 2020
😷
🎄
Generated 2020-11-29 18:01:53 in 974 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Information-About-Decorative-Jar.html