MiscellaneousCollectibles

Information on a Hammered Brass Israeli Tea Pot

I found this very interesting pot. It's hammered brass with Israel engravings. On the bottom it says, hand made in Israel. There's another stamp that I can't make out. Any help or information, would be very appreciated.

Very pretty. Here is a similar copper one on eBay. Its made in Mexico. The seller wants $40. www.ebay.com/.../173576791198?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt...

Interesting piece. So I am assuming it opening on the spout?? It is hard to tell from the photo.

If it has an opening, I am going to assume it is part of a fairly old, 1920s to 1940s coffee set. These were made in many countries--Turkey, Israel, etc.

This auction shows what a full set looks like (you may never find an exact match, so this is one of the rare times where a similar one may give you an idea of value.) The one I found that sold is Turkish):

www.ebay.com/.../382959125695?var=651613020201&hash...

You can search eBay periodically to see if you can find just the piece you have and find out how much they fetch.

Terms to use would be Jezve, Cerve, Pot, Coffee Maker + made in Israel.

People may be trying to piece together a set so I am sure it still has some value. Most people who collect these type of items want the entire set at once, because they are so challenging to find and get exact matches.

This is a neat find. Now if it does not have an opening (Spout) I am at a loss as to what it is, and would need more photos.

Thanks for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJuly 21, 2019
🌻
📓
🐛