Instant Pot Caramelized Pork and Eggs
This is my version of Vietnamese Thit Kho, also known as caramelized pork and eggs made in an Instant Pot. This is a traditional meal served with rice and pickled vegetables.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 4-5 people
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 lb pork chop
- 1 medium shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- dash salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 - 12 eggs
- 1 12 oz can coconut soda
- 2 cups water
- Chop pork belly and pork chops in 2" strips or your desired size.
- Marinate meat with chopped shallots and garlic, soy sauce and dash of salt and pepper. Allow to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but can covered and marinated overnight for more flavor.
- On the Instant Pot use Sauté setting on hot and quickly sauté for about 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Pour 2 cups of water in.
- Meanwhile you can make your caramelized sauce which consist of 1/3 sugar and 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Stir until nice amber color, do not burn your sugar.
- Pour the caramelized sauce into the instant pot.
- Pour can of coconut soda in and cook it on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Boil your eggs over the stove top. Then peel.
- Once 25 minutes is up. Open lid and turn to sauté setting on high for 10-15 minutes. Add boiled eggs and stir in fish sauce.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!