Is My Puppy a Purebred GSD?

I recently purchased a puppy at 6 weeks old and I was told he was a purebred. The owners were just going to abandon him and let him die after the mother rejected the litter at 2 weeks. Someone else took him and then I bought him from them. All I have to go off are looks. If he is not a purebred I am at least hoping he's mostly GSD and his ears stand up!

It looks like a German Shepherd. Ears should come up between 8 weeks and 6 months.

Poor little thing to have such a rough start!! Blessings to those who saved him!! That sweet face is so kissable!!!

It is good time to get him in with the vet who can check his teeth and bones, and hips and jaw and can give you a good idea if he is mostly GSD. He has some of the lines and coloring. But the face isn't--to me--pointy enough. But I am not a Shepherd expert.

I almost see a little Bernese Mountain Dog in that sweet face!

Post back what the vet says!! Enjoy!!! I want to hug him!!

Hi,

There is only one way to tell if a pup is a purebred, and that is to do a doggy DNA test. That being said, he looks like he is purebred to me. He is absolutely a darling baby!

Robyn

wow, a very cute dog.

to me he almost looks like he has part Rottweiler, in the colouring and shape of face, but could also be GSD.

at this age it is hard to tell

It is really hard to tell at this age but I think I see a little Rottweiler in him. He is going to be a gorgeous dog.