Janome and New Home HD 3000 Sewing Machines

I ordered a Janome HD 3000 sewing machine from Walmart World. They sent me a Janome New Home HD3000. Is it the same machine or is one an older model?

This is the link to the Janome HD 3000 from the Janome website: janome.com/.../. It is only available at authorized dealers. I'm not sure if Walmart is an authorized dealer. Janome may have another line that is sold in Walmart. Look at the website. They have photos and details that will help you decide if this is the same machine you have at home.

If you have any doubt then you should go to your order and ask the question. There is a telephone number listed on your order form.

I believe you will find it is the same as looking at photos of the Janome HD3000 I see the words New Home under the name Janome. These are expensive machines so I believe you should make the phone call and put your mind at ease.

I've looked online, and I have not seen reference to a 'janome new home hd300' being sold right now, though i have seen reference to a 'janome new home 7700' on the Janome website referenced above. It seems to have a few differences, such as automatic v. manual thread tension control, and a 7mm v 6.5mm maximum stitch width.

HOWEVER, i do see from this site here proof that Janome acquired the New Home brand a few years ago, and the connotation is that in some products the name is interchangeable:

"The New Home brand was purchased by Janome several years ago. You will sometimes see the New Home name on a machine. There is nothing at all wrong with that. My mother owned a New Home sewing machine and used it from the 1940s until she passed away in the late 1990s."
www.sewinginsight.com/.../

in conclusion, i would say it is the same machine.

I did some checking on ine and from what I see, the are the same thing...