John Deere Mower Won't Always Start

I have a D130 John Deere tractor. The engine starts for me 220 lbs, but not for someone 150 lbs. I can start it, they get on and can't. I get back on starts no problem. Could it be the seat interlock switch? and if so what do I do to repair it?

Your switch under the seat is not recognizing their weight. The safety feature is that it will not start. It needs to be repaired.

I am of the mind to go right to them to ask. Their phone number is on this link. You have to scroll pretty far down:

www.deere.com/.../

If you are super handy, once they give you ideas for possible issues, check YouTube for how to fix videos. If you aren't handy best not be pound foolish and have a pro check it out! Good luck!!

Most likely John Deere will answer your question but sometimes you can do a little cleaning with sand paper on the points that touch to make it start or check to make sure the battery is clean and well connected and this will help it to make better contact.