Kabocha Squash and Shrimp Soup
This kabocha squash soup is healthy, sweet, and just takes a few simple ingredients to make. This soup can be served as a main soup meal, side dish/soup to eat with rice or you can add noodles of your choice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 2 lb kabocha squash
- 10 pieces shrimp
- Pinch of black pepper and salt
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 gal water
- 1/4 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 stems green onion
- Peel squash skin (if you want, this is optional) and cut into cubes or your desired size.
- Chop 2 stems of green onion. Mince shrimp to a paste. Add half of the chopped onions in and pinch of black pepper/salt.
- Toast garlic cloves and onion at 350 F for 5 minutes.
- Boil water and toss in toasted garlic cloves/onion in.
- Add shrimp and fish sauce into your pot.
- Bring pot to a boil, add squash in for 5 minutes. Cover lid for 5 minutes. When serving garnish with rest of chopped green onions.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.