Keep Houseflies Away with Cucumber Peelings

I hate pesky houseflies, they drive me bonkers! I looked for a suitable tip and found one involving cucumber peelings! (Who knew?) Well, I put them on the windowsill last evening and I can report that they seem to be staying away. It's a good thing I can put my salad peelings to good use!

Source: Online somewhere but I can't remember the site, I looked through images on 'Google'

That's a great idea. I heard that if you hang a clear plastic bag by the door the flies won't come in.

I tried the bag of water with a penny inside and it didn't work. I know the cucumber peelings work though :D

I think the plastic "baggie" has to be filled with water!

Some herbs may help to keep them at bay also. Pound bay leaves, eucalyptus or cloves and put in a muslin bag and hang. Grow some sweet basil by your door way, place some cut leaves near a pet dish or some oil of eucalyptus on a cotton ball and place in the kitchen. According to Dr. Myles H. Bader these help to repel flies (from his book, "1001 All Natural Secrets to a Pest Free Property").

I have tried the peppermint and cloves solution plus the water bag but they still came in!

The peelings seem to work for me. :)