Keep Lettuce in a Plastic Bag

I have found that lettuce will keep a long time (up to 2 weeks) if I start with a head of lettuce (not a bag). I pull off the amount of leaves I need from the outside of the head and leave the hard center intact. Then I wash the leaves and use them in whatever I am making. I wrap the rest of the head in a plastic bag and put it in the vegetable drawer until the next use.

By Linda Kennedy from Mesa, AZ

I have many family members with home econ degrees. They have some green bags out there that you buy. One ex is by Debbie Meyers. You can put any fruit or veggies whole in and they keep for monthes. Do not peel or wash anything. Just take out what you want as you need it. I still have one lemon left and it has been in the bag for nine months. Don't take the core out of your veggies. Just tear what you need.