Keep No-See-Ums from Biting

I was at my wit's end, allergic to the bites of no-see-ums. I was driven to tears. I am the only one in my house affected by these bugs. I finally found a remedy. I use a mixture of the original Listerine (gold type), witch hazel and tea tree oil. I sprayed all exposed areas of my body and even sprayed my bed and sheets, as I was especially being tortured at night.

Mix 1 cup of Listerine with 1 cup of witch hazel and 3 drops of tea tree oil. I use a small spray bottle to apply the solution every couple hours and have found this to be the first time I have had any relief. I am ecstatic with the results, as previous uses of topical repellents and insecticides gave minimal relief. They also seem to be affected by cooler temperatures.

I hope this helps. I know I couldn't handle one day more.

The way I am tormented by gnats, this recipe is well worth a try. I have saved the page. Thanks for posting.

If these are noseeums that are attacking you then I'd recommend using the solid bar company products that are all natural and effective.

We had mega infestations (is that the right word) of these tiny annoying flies that were bugging the kids and me and even our dog, although oddly not my husband so much, and we tried their products after a load of other remedies as shown on here and they were the ones to really work.

They also have a great anti-itch product that takes that awful sting away too, so worth a shot maybe? Good luck anyway! Cathy

Our apartment was invested with the bugs. Couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two without getting bit. They were even in the clothes. Very miserable. After months of experimenting and spending huge amounts of money on bug sprays, we finally got rid of the things. Been "no-see-um" free now for about a year.

Thank you. I almost want to go out now to buy everything.

I have excruciating itching. I am miserable an can barely sleep. But for now I'll turn down the AC. Thanks.

Anonymous

I also am the only one being bitten in the house but this did nothing for me they just did what they have been doing and that is biting the heck out of me !

I Live in FL and in April each year the No-See-Ums start biting me. I tried this mixture of the original Listerine (gold type), witch hazel and tea tree oil. Use a spray bottle and mix equal parts Listerine and witch hazel and 2 or 3 tsp tree oil. Shake and spray on clothing. It seams to repel these bugs for about 6 hours. I also found that Max strength Vagisil is great for the bites. It works faster and better than any other item on the market.

Anonymous

Last summer I went to Sanibel Island and just got eaten alive by noseeums so I seen your homemade remedy you've got Listerine, tea tree oil, and witch hazel but you don't say how much of the Listerine and witch hazel to use

I have to try this! I can't enjoy sitting on the back patio one more day - I am covered in welts!

we have them here in Ky also, i have been bit so many times and they are painful bites,itchy and leaving scars. i to have tried the same tee tree oil and witch hazel and it has helped some but im going to try it with the listerine and colder temps in the house.

ive been using mint detox lotion on my skin with the tee tree oil and it seems to be effective. good luck to any one who is allergic to these demons.

So your saying this mixture helps, I get bothered a lot, wrists fingernails, waist, butt , my back and sometimes they want my eyes, thats the worst, had 2 in my eyes 2 different times. Sometimes I feel like being dead. If you want to talk and help me you can call me AT 347 737 0042 OR JUST GIVE ME AN EMAIL. They bother me in my apt also. :( Once went to walgreens and when I got home I wanted to die, they must of went on my clothing, I believe I brought them in. Hope listerne works, I hav the mint one, and witch hazel and tea tree few drops, I will try it. Thanks very much.