Keep a Spare Litter Box Handy

I love my momma and baby cat, but I don't love stinky litter boxes so I have two litter boxes. One is in use and the other is away. When one box gets dirty I replace it with the other box to give me time to empty the first one and thoroughly clean and sanitize it with vinegar, water, a bit of dish detergent and baking soda. I keep a long handled scrubber outside by my water faucet for the project and I always finish it off (outside) by leaving the litter box top open to get the sunshine and breeze to dry it up and to freshen it for next time.

Very good idea!

According to our Vet you should have one litter box for each kitty you have and one extra. This is for indoor cats. I use this system and it works quite well.