Keeping a Cat from Peeing on Stove?

How do you keep a cat from peeing on your stove?

If your cat is peeing on your stove, something is wrong.

How many cats do you have? Do they get along? Stress may cause this behavior.

Does your cat have access to the whole house, or do you try to keep her confined to the kitchen area? Cats can't be kept confined.

Do you have a litterbox for each cat? Can they get to the litterbox without being "ambushed" by a dog or another cat? Do you scoop it twice a day?

Finally, is the cat spayed or neutered?
Something is wrong with the cat, and more information is needed to figure it out.

If none of these seem like the problem, it's possible the cat has a urinary tract infection.

Anonymous

I have the same problem and do have a lot of cats - not by choice - just because of neighborhood people. Can I have 5 cat litter boxes as 5 are in and out cats and 3 are out only cats.

The also have a cat door. Seems like he may need to go to the great beyond. All my 8 cats are spayed/neutered.

You sound like me. I too have a lot of cats due to careless neighbors who dump or abandon them. All of mine are also spayed/neutered, and I have one male who keeps urinating everywhere, including the kitchen. He also urinates and defecates in their food bowls. I don't know what to do. I'm ready to take him to the animal shelter. I can't take it anymore.

Hi, I have had about 100 cats during my 50 years, (not all at once), and they are all different. The problem cat I have now, is one of 11 and is desexed. She thinks she is the boss but I have news for her.

She has access to 52 acres but needs to pee on my stove. Well, you probably know what burned cat pee smells like. My cat , Kiera, now knows all about water pistols and aerosol cans. Now I am the boss, make no mistake.

Pets CatsNovember 22, 2015
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
Generated 2020-08-04 19:16:18 in 973 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-a-Cat-from-Peeing-on-Stove.html