Ice MachinesAppliances

Kenmore Ice Maker Misaligned

I have noticed that my Kenmore model 106.58904802 ice maker is hanging up and not making ice due to the plastic harvesting arm not moving due to misaligned front 'teeth' arm. When looking at it from the front, the front 'teeth' arm is sticking out a bit on the right hand side. I have managed to gently get it back into place so the teeth clear each other and without breaking any of the plastic parts.

I also noticed after taking the pics (btw-they were taken after I had tried to realign) that the very right hand side tooth seems to drift past the water reservoir. It does not want to stay straight. Is this a motor issue? Inside gear issue? is it worth replacing the whole icemaker?
Thank you!

There is a nice troubleshooting website out there...
www.repairclinic.com/.../Refrigerator-ice-maker-not-working...

When deciding to replace, the rules of thumb I use is to first ask, Will I miss the item if it is gone--if no, that ends it...which for me is a lot of the time. If you use it all the time and it is part of your day to day living and the overall appliance is in good shape, it might be worth it..depending on the cost and if the repair comes with any kind of warranty (that is included but not extra).