Keys are Locked on a Smith Corona SL 600 Electric Typewriter

I inherited a vintage typewriter, but the lock light stays on and I cannot type. The arms not crushed. The ink cartridge looks good. There are no smells when it is plugged in. It hasn't been used in over 8+ years. The previous owner kept it in pristine condition.

Please advise.
Live in McMurray PA. Western PA.
thanks
Terry

I would contact the company directly here: www.smithcorona.com/

Hi.
Thanks. I called them directly and was told they no longer service typewriters nor are they in that segment of business
Thanks
Terry

Hello western PA neighbor!! I am way across town in the east burbs!!

We have lots of typewriter repair places around--I am posting a link to the latest listing (you have to scroll down past the ads to find the listings). www.yellowpages.com/.../typewriter-repair-service

As far as they should all still be in business. I love an old typewriter and so regret not getting my last one fixed. Post back which one you use and how it works!!

If you are super handy, there are some good YouTube videos out there if you want to try one of those before spending the money on the fix it places. I have had REALLY good luck finding videos to fix things--twice I fixed my old vacuum following a YouTube--which is still going (knock on wood)!!

Blessings!!