Kid Safe Acrylic Gem Necklace
Here's how you can make a kid safe necklace with acrylic gems by adding elastic and a safety clasp. In case of an emergency, your child could easily remove their necklace.
*I bought a bucket full of acrylic gems at my local craft store. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some had holes so I figured this would be an awesome necklace for the kiddos.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 necklace
- acrylic gems
- safety clasp
- needle threader/needle
- elastic string
- Prepare your thread (I used red thread).
- Prepare a necklace design.
- Thread your necklace design. Cut off any excess thread, but do leave a few inches on both sides of the thread to attach elastic band later on.
- You will need to cut even lengths of elastic. Then, open your safety clasp thread the elastic through and secure with a knot for each as pictured.
- Secure a knot from the end of the thread to elastic band. Trim off excess elastic and thread.
- Repeat on both sides. Now necklace is ready to be worn!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!