Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I'm looking to paint my kitchen. The counter tops are an emerald green, the cabinets are wood, and the appliances are black. Painting the counters is not an option either. Any ideas?

By Glenda from MI

I would suggest a toned down green - a very restful color. Or you could pick up the color of the wood cabinets, again a very light tint of that color. Black canisters would be very striking on the counter. You already have your three colors so work with those.

What color is the floor? This should also be considered. The more I think on it, the more I like the idea of the emerald green counter. That should be the focal point. Lucky you - I would never have the nerve to install that.

Greens and creams work well too. But yes, the black accents would pull it all together. Good luck. Send us a shot when you decide?

A lighter green that coordinates with the emerald green, yellow, cream, even a soft orange or peach or sky (or lighter ) blue would all work

I just saw a light grey used as a back splash (tile) and wall colour (paint) in a Better Home and Gardens kitchen reno, it looked very nice with the wood cabinets, and black appliances. I think the counter in the BH&G shoot were black, but I think the grey would look very nice with the green, too.