Kitten Has Mucus in Eyes

I recently was given a kitten. His name is Shadow. He is about 10wks old. I don't know if it's because of the change of enviorment for him but he has had like light color mucus looks maybe green coming out his eyes quite frequently since I had him.

His eyes are clear no swelling and they do not close shut, but the mucus is present. I can tell like he has some congestion or maybe allergy because he sneezes off and on. I wipe of the mucus with warm paper towel and he goes on and continue playing is there anything I can do to help stop it or what it may be?

I'm concerned because I have a two year old who likes to pick him up and try to kiss him and I've been preventing that because I don't know if it's something infectious. Please help can't really afford a vet bill.

By A. Golden