Kohler Riding Mower Keeps Stalling

I have a Kohler riding mower which after a few minutes shuts off. After it cools down it will start again, but with the same results. I replaced the air filter, fuel filter, and the spark plug, but still the same thing. I later put on a new ignition module and new carb, but still the same thing. When it shuts off I spray some gas in the carb and it starts for just a few seconds. Can you help?

Thanks.

Does it make a click sound when you turn it on? It should. If not, check the fuel cut-off solenoid.

Have you called the place where you purchased it to see if they can help? Sometimes they know of recalls (which could be a free fix) or other fixes you may find useful based on their experience.

If that isn't an option, there are some online discussions that are older, but may still be valid:

www.doityourself.com/.../410840-kohler-engine-shuts-off-after...

www.repairclinic.com/.../Kohler-Small-engine-stops-after-a...

www.mytractorforum.com/.../230801-l130-kohler-dies-when-warm...

If you are a do it yourself-er, there are also great videos on YouTube.

You can always by parts on Ebay or other online sites if you need one that is hard to find.

If your mower has a vent from the top of the fuel tank to the carburetor take the vent hose off the tank end and plug it. See if the problem goes away. Some kohlers have this problem as did mine and it would get too much air not enough fuel. I plugged mine and no problem since. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem and my gas tank had a recess hole in the bottom of the gas tank where the gas line attached. That was clogged with all kind of debris in it. I took the gas tank off and used a air compressor and blew all the debris out and the I hooked everything back up and it fixed the problem . Hope it helps