PaperCrafts

Layered Paper Flowers

My last flower project is the layered paper flowers. I have chosen this as part of my flower themed classroom decoration because I find them really cute and of course very affordable. You can always find paper everywhere and they don't really cost much.

The most common layered flower is a rose, so I started making a rose and then tried other different designs and never expected that I'm would get the school principal impressed with this. I'm happy.

1. Get 4 pieces of cut art paper. Start with one piece by folding it into half.
  2. Fold it diagonally that should make it look like a flat cone.
  3. Cut the top in plain curve to make it look like a single petal.
  4. Open the folded paper and as you can see in the photo, it turn into a flower with 6 petals.
  5. Do the same with the other three pieces of paper.
  6. If you wish to make a slimmer petal design, just fold the cone into half.
  7. When you open it up, it will have 12 slim petals or 6 hearts.
  8. Cut out other fancy designs to make variations.
  9. Get two flowers. Cut one petal out in each. And on the 3rd flower cut out two, and finally cut the fourth into half.
  10. By using a paintbrush or a pencil, roll the petals going backwards.
  11. Put together the two open ends of each flower. Secure with glue. It should look like this.
  12. Start putting in the layers together. Put hot glue into the center of each flower. Arrange from largest number of petals to the least until the rose is formed.
  13. Do the same procedure with the slim petaled flower. The difference is that you put away two petals in the first two and so on. After doing the basics, you will be able to learn making new different designs.