Leaving In New Dentures

I had all of my upper teeth pulled and I put my dentures in right away. My question is how long should I leave them in? I have heard to leave them in two weeks or a week before taking them out because of swelling. When can I take them out?

By Joyce

Your dentist should have told you, but I left mine in a week and had no problem. I would google it?

It's been several years, but I'm sure I had to leave them in 24-48 hours, then I could rinse them! Be sure & call your dentist. There are special instructions for taking care of your gums! Do NOT swish anything around in your mouth! That's important, but please call your dentist!

My dentist told me to take mine out to clean and put them right back in. His words were,"Your teeth live in your mouth, not in a cup by the bed." I've had mine for about 25 years. I don't use any of the glue stuff. He said not to or they would never fit right.

It was several years before I could leave them out for overnight without my mouth swelling and them not fitting right for several hours after I put them back in. They will be uncomfortable for quite awhile but if you had bad teeth for very long, keep in mind, it will get better! Smile!