Lemon Drop Cookies
My family really loves lemon flavored desserts. This can be just a basic sugar cookie recipe of your own, or use mine with lemon flavorings. My recipe is for soft puffy sugar cookies.
Total Time: 1/2 hour
Yield: 60 cookies
Source: My own homemade cookies
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (or use dairy creamer)
- Mix sour cream and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, adding eggs one at a time mixing well. Blend in nutmeg, lemon extract and sour cream mixture. Slowly add flour and mix very well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Continue cooling for 30 minutes before icing.
- To make icing, mix 2 cups confectioner's sugar, 1 tsp. lemon extract, and 1/4 cup milk or dairy creamer.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.