Lemon Jell-O Pound Cake

I pulled out some old recipes and stared cooking more foods that are not gluten free. I don't get to enjoy them myself, but my family does.

This is a recipe from the 60s or 70s and it is one of our favorites. It was fun making it again and they said it was great. It sure did smell good.

After dinner, I froze the remainder in serving sizes to make it last longer. It's less tempting when out of sight and in the freezer. Gotta watch that waistline.

1. Dissolve Jell-O in 1 cup hot water and cool.
  2. Mix Jell-O, oil, cake mix, eggs, and lemon flavoring together.
  3. Beat with mixer until smooth.
  4. Spray a tube pan with Pam cooking spray.
  5. Pour mixture into the pan.
  6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  7. While cake is baking, make the lemon glaze.
  8. Grate the rind of the lemon.
  9. Juice the lemon. The amount of juice needed varies on the size of the lemon. This was a large lemon and I had more juice than I needed.
  10. Gradually mix the lemon juice with the confectioners sugar until mixture is creamy but not thick. It needs to be a little runny. Add the lemon zest.
  11. When the cake is done, cool it slightly and then remove from the pan onto a cake plate.
  12. While the cake is still hot, spread lemon glaze on top and let it drip down the sides and the center of the cake.
  13. Cool then serve.
  14. This cake freezes well and is good to have on hand for later.

My favorite cake! Thank you so much for this.

This is the best cake. Simple to make and taste heavenly. I am so glad it freezes well. I am a single person and making a whole cake just for me is a waist. And I did mean WAIST, because that is where it all ends up if I make a cake. Now I can cut it up and freeze it in small portions. Out of sight, out of mind. A piece here and there is not so bad. Thanks for finding this recipe from your old files.

I remember this cake, delicious. Since it freezes well, I will be making it. Thank You!!!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJuly 8, 2020
🎂
🎃
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lemon-Jell-O-Pound-Cake.html