A healthy soup that freezes well and is just perfect for the cold weather we have been having. I made mine in my Instant Pot. It can also be simmered on the stovetop for at least an hour or made in a crockpot for 4-6 hours on high.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4-5 quarts
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of pot herbs (mixture of dried marjoram, thyme and parsley)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 8 cups water or any kind of stock
- Sauté the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the flour and cook until bubbling but not brown.
- Add other ingredients.
- If using an instant pot, use the soup setting. Natural release.
- Remove bay leaf and any soup bones, if using. Return meat to soup.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.