ColoringHair Tips

Lightening Dyed Hair Without Bleach

If it's been 6 months since I colored my hair medium brown, can I dye it blond without having to use bleach?

No. You have to lift off the color and depositing the new blond color. This two step process is best left to a professional

You would have the lightened hair only on the new growth.. You'd probably end up with an ombre look.

There are lots of folks who use lemon juice, cider vinegar, peroxide and such to lighten hair without bleach... and many of them really do work.... but not so great (at least in my world) on hair that has already been dyed. That is a whole different animal!

For that big a change, sometimes it is worth it to leave it to the pros vs. any home treatment.

Post back what you decide!