Little Black Bugs in the Kitchen

I kept sweeping up little black bugs along one baseboard where I keep my cat's dish and water. I changed the location where I kept his place mat because they were in his water. I sprayed the area with ant spray and put down moth balls, which seemed to work. After a while they were back, after the moth balls disappeared.

Finally, I washed the floor with bleach and I didn't see them. I went in my pantry and moved a bag of brown rice, and there they were! First, I moved everything and put down moth balls. After the moth balls melted, I washed every shelf with bleach. I haven't seen any for two weeks.

Top Comment

I think I found the name of the little bugs, Drugstore Beetles

Anonymous

Drugstore beetles are brown. These beetles are black

No, drugstore beetles are brown. These are black bugs without a hard shell

Are they gone for good?are they bed bugs?

I have seen these tiNY back flying bugs in my kitchen sink what r they and how do I get rid of them

OK, i had these same little bugs in my kitchen around the baseboard near one cabinet. We went through all the flour containers and nothing found. I have a cabinet drawer where i keep many kinds of herbs, some of them have been opened so naturally it spills.

Here were the bugs were found! Since i had many herbs i cannot say exactly which ones they feed on.

Check out diatomaceous.com a line of it around outside of house and anywhere in house you have any bug problem will disappear !
Safe food quality. Also earthworkshealth.com has so much information. Do away with harmful chemicals. DE is all natural.

Definitely a way to kill your cat...moth balss are toxic...common sense!

I think they are in the beetle family. They look like tiny round dots when they sleep. When they are awake you can see the head. They tuck their heads under their neck or belly so they look like round domes but very tiny.

So tiny you don't really notice them until you see those pin head black dots more often. I searched the internet and sure enough I found one similar when awake to mine they are the confused flour beetle.

Will they hurt u

I live in central Florida . I had a large bag of bird seed in my house sitting next to my refrigerator . I started to go out the door one day and I saw all of these tiny black bugs all in the seed and on the floor . I took the seed outside until I could figure out what I was going to do with it . I cleaned up the bugs ,the next day they were all around the baseboards in the kitchen . I swept everywhere, I also have two cats so I cleaned their area well and mopped with bleach .

I sprayed my entire house with Ortho Home Defense . That has been two weeks ago . I was petrified that they might be some type of termite so I did lots of research on the internet. I found this page , read the comments , I was so relieved to find out they weren't a major issue and could be gotten rid of by cleaning and throwing old food away . I just though the bleach and spray in for good measure . Thanks everybody , Carol G

Thanks. Moth balls cause CANCER!!! DON'T USE THEM!!!

Anonymous

Dont put down mothballs if you have pets they are deadly to dogs

Home and Garden Pest Control Pantry PestsMarch 29, 2017
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Little-Black-Bugs-in-the-Kitchen.html