Living a Positive Lifestyle

Maintaining a positive outlook in all your activities and interactions with family, friends and coworkers, will improve the quality of your life. This is a guide about living a positive lifestyle.

Do you want to be remembered with love everywhere? Learn to be an encourager. It isn't hard to do: it's as simple as smiling and saying something nice to at least one person, every day.

Too many people these days walk around thinking they're nobodies with nothing to offer and no beauty - either inside or out. In this world full of pain and poor self-esteem, a simple kind word can be like a spring of fresh water in the desert.

Think about it. Not only are smiles and kind words entirely free - they're as good for you as the recipient. Smiling uses more muscles than frowning, and just the words "It's great to see you" can lift some depressed soul from the depths of gloom. I still remember a day, more than 15 years ago, when a complete stranger greeted me kindly on the streets of Dayton, OH. My mind had been whirling with my troubles - but after that kind greeting, my entire outlook was brighter. My problems didn't end, but I was better able to cope. Now, wherever I go, I offer encouragement and a smile.

Always remember, if you find someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Source: Personal experience, brought to mind by Joel Osteen's sermon.

By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH

This is not a tip to save money or time. It is one that does bring a warmth to your heart. The most simplest gift you can give to someone is a smile and/or a prayer. Both of which costs the giver nothing but to the receiver can mean everything.

In today's world, things have changed, some changes good and some not so good. If these are hard on someone who is vibrant, strong and full of energy, think of how it is for those who may not be so lucky. They may be down and feel discouraged. Me, not knowing anyone's circumstances, when I look at them, I just give a big smile. I get one back without fail. It does make the heart feel warm and you feel better yourself.

When I see that someone is having difficulty, a little prayer is said for them. They need not know and I may not know their name but God does. Two gifts are given and though the cost is nothing, the rewards are truly golden.

By Nita from Southgate, MI