Looking for a Platform Style Feeder for Doves

I need a platform feeder that will fit doves, but not pigeons. I have hanging feeders without a tray for sparrows, etc., but my doves prefer a open platform feeder.

Lowes has this one. m.lowes.com/.../50321359?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol...

Hi,

I have seen several of these. I would check ebay before buying one that is higher priced. Here is a link to several of the platform feeders.

www.google.com/search?q=Platform+Style+Feeder+for...

Blessings,

Robyn

There are a lot of stores that sell platform bird feeders but I cannot see how you would keep pigeons (if they are in your area) away from a feeder as they are about the same size as a dove and they like the same type of food.

You may also have a problem with squirrels (if they are around your yard) as they dearly love platform feeders. It does not take 2 squirrels very long to empty a feeder.

I would suggest you pay a visit to your local Lowe's and Home Depot so you can look at this type feeder first hand. Maybe you will need a pole or maybe a squirrel baffle and they have sales people that may be able to answer your questions.

www.homedepot.com/.../203074772

www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=dove+platform+feeder

Hello, I Found that the Bird's do NOT Mind Cayenne pepper BUT, At First Bite the Squirrel's Are Amazed. They see I put a big tray of food out, Go over to PIG out and "POW" man? this does NOT Taste good!!!
I Feed the Squirrels Corn on the COB and deer Corn So, They are NOT being left out. It took me Years to figure out How to feed my Cardinals and Blue Jay's With Out The Squirrels HOGGING Everything in minute's.
NOW if ANYONE out there has figured out how to feed the bird's with OUT the Pigeons or Dove's PIGn OUT "PLEASE POST"

In my neck of the woods, doves and pigeons are identical in size and weight. I am thinking it is going to be almost impossible to have a feeder where you get one, but not the other.

You could always just put several feeders in the yard so everyone gets a chance to eat something.

I have a friend who has something like 15 feeders...each one has a food that is a favorite of a bird type. It seems to work well for her, but her back yard is huge.

That would not work for me in my tiny back, but perhaps it can help you.