Mail Tips and Tricks

Category Simple Living
There are ways to make mailing easier and faster. This guide contains mail tips and tricks.

I have a friend who throws away junk mail only after it is falling over on every surface of her house, or envelopes on the mail she keeps. I made her this and thought it might help others.

This is a standard waste basket of 8.25 inches wide and 14.25 inches deep. The basket is 8 inches wide and 12 inches long. It sits on top with scissors, pens, envelopes and stamps. The little baskets are available at the dollar tree, the others at just about any BiMart or Target. I got mine free at my donations station but they are not expensive.

When mail comes in, she can open, keep and store things she needs. The rest can be easily slipped into the can.

I hope this will help her and any of you who might have this issue in your home. Some have also posted to keep a trash can just outside their doors to put junk mail in before it even enters the house. I think this is an even better tip but if that doesn't work for you, this little idea just might.

N-JOY!

Watching your weight? If so, the next time you go to purchase postage stamps, you might want to opt for the ready to stick stamps rather than the stamps you have to lick. Lickable stamps count as unwanted calories that you might not have thought about previously.

By Terri H.

The Dollar Store has a bottle of New Gloss Tire Dressing. Clean the mail box and let it dry, then wipe this on the mail box and it looks like new again!

By Syd

When addressing envelopes use a wet sponge to moisten the envelope to close instead of licking them. The taste as we know is terrible an also not safe from studies I have read about.

By Jodi

I pay many bills online. Instead of throwing away the window envelopes from bills, I cut out addresses or use labels to cover the window. I don't have to buy envelopes and I am not adding paper to the garbage.

Because our wedding had a short lead time, we sent out save-the-date emails through Evite. It was much easier than phoning everyone and cheaper than mailing them.

To remember to put out the mail I always get anything ready the night before. Then in the morning on my way out the door to get the paper I take the mail that's in plain sight to the box with me since the mail and paper are side by side. By Melanie

Using decorative paper punches, take decorative wallpaper and punch out seals. They are pretty and cheap!