Making Creamy Zucchini Bacon Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 7, 2019
I had an overabundance of white zucchini so I thought I'd try to make a soup with it. You can use regular zucchini in lieu of white zucchini for this. I used bacon as the flavourful base for it, then topped it off with crispy bacon as a stir-in garnish. It was so hearty and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups peeled and chopped zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and chopped potatoes
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped bacon for garnish
- Render 1/3 cup chopped bacon in a large pot over medium heat until browned.
- Add onions, zucchini, potatoes, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add stock and water and turn heat up to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow soup to cool down a bit. Use a hand emersion blender (or transfer soup to blender) and puree until smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste and allow soup to sit over very low heat to warm back up.
- Quickly crisp up the rest of the bacon in pan over medium heat. Serve soup in bowls and top with some crisped bacon.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.