Making EZ Stretchable Hair Combs

I came up with an idea and plan to make a bunch of homemade EZ Combs for my hair. I love the EZ Combs, but hate the price. Plus, I want more colors.

I'm going to use the plastic hair combs that are for holding your hair back. For the stretchy, I'm going to use elastic thread. And to attach it to the comb I'm going to use beads just a little bit larger and super glue them on the "outside" side of the comb. The side that won't be against the head.

Other than that I'm going to take one of the EZ Combs I have and follow the pattern of threading it. I'm also thinking of making some with narrow "scrunchies". I'll simply thread the elastic thread through a narrow fabric or crocheted tube that's about 3 times the length. I think that would be cute, and definitely different!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Ingenius!

My comment is about making the homemade scrunchies. I use the narrow end of pretty neckties. Just thread elastic through, sew the ends together and there you have it.

Great idea especially being much cheaper to make yourself. Hope you post pictures later.

That is a good idea. I love the combs. They can change so so hair into a hairstyle in just a second. Irisbird.

What a great idea using necktie ends for scrunchies. That would save a lot of time and they will be so pretty. Most ties are silk anyway so that's a bonus.

Can you give us directions with pictures. I can kind of see what you're doing, but not quite. Thanks.