Making Lamp Berger Fragrance Oils

Do I need to use neutral oil between different frangrances?

I would, as it will absorb any lingering oil.

OK...I am being a Debbie downer today, but I have to sometimes and when safety is at stake, I speak up.

Homemade frangrence oils can be made. There are lots of internet sites about them...but just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

Homemade oils can cause fires...there are too many flash points and that is dangerous.

I have two links (below)...one has flash points and since there is probably no easy way to get a thermometer into the thing to measure temperature, it may be hard to tell what temperature the mixture gets to.

I am just very paranoid about oils and heat causing flames.

www.themiracleofessentialoils.com/.../

plushfolly.com/.../Flash-Points

If it were me, I would just buy oils that are from the company (and even those can be dangerous for fires but for causing allergic reactions to super sensitive people).

This to me is being pennywise and about 100 pounds foolish...but that is just me!!

After reading your question several times, I am not sure if you are using store bought fragrance or if you are making your own and just want to know what to do when changing fragrances.

• Either way, one of the most important things about these lamps is keeping the wick and stone clean. Many people buy or receive these lamps and then just skim over the instructions. Keeping the wick and stone clean will help with making your stone (and wicks) last a much longer time. Check out this site for easy instructions.
  • Ad

• www.hunker.com/.../how-to-clean-wick-stones-for-fragrance...
  • I have been using 2 of these lamps for several years and never had a problem with making my own fragrances. I like having 2 lamps (they were gifts) because it is easier to change fragrances.
  • Here are a couple of sites that have some very good instructions on how to safely make and handle your own oil.
  • www.hunker.com/.../how-to-make-lampe-berger-oil
  • www.doityourself.com/.../how-to-make-lampe-berger-oil
  • www.ebay.com/.../g.html
  • I know this is more than you ask for but since someone may happen to read this that is not familiar with these lamps, I think it is best to have reading material available.

ThriftyFun has received questions on this subject in the past so maybe someone might be interested in previous questions/answers.

www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Your-Own-Lampe-Berger-Fragrances...