Making Stir Fried Noodles
Stir fry is a very versatile method of cooking that allows you to create any number of dishes. By varying the extras that you add such as the type of meat, vegetables, and sauces you can have a new dish each time.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great noodle dish to bring to a potluck or have at a party. You could eat this at room temperature. Feel free to change the meat if you would like, we used chicken and shrimp.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 15 people
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 8 mushroom
- 2 lb bok choy
- 3 lb flat rice noodles
- 10 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 lb shrimp
- 2 lb chicken
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 5 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Prep your noodles. Individually peel apart each noodle and place into a large bowl. Add 5 tablespoons of soy sauce and dash of salt then toss evenly. Set aside to marinate.
- Prep the rest of your ingredients. Chop garlic, mushrooms, bok choy, and onions. Optional: I devein my shrimp and chopped chicken thigh into pieces then dash of salt/pepper for each protein.
- Pot #1: Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, some chopped onions and garlic. Sauté mushrooms and bok choy. Then set aside.
- Pan #2: Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce with some onion and garlic then cook shrimp until finished. Set aside the shrimp.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Sauté chicken pieces until cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine corn flour and water then mix. Combine both shrimp and chicken in the pan. Drizzle the corn flour/water mixture.
- Ready to pan stir fry noodles to your desired brown. This process took me 3x to do because that was the largest pan I had. Drizzle more soy sauce with dash of black pepper if needed.
- Lastly in a large bowl toss your vegetables cooked earlier with the noodles and mix.
- Ready to place in a large pan and garnish with cilantro.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm. Meanwhile, melt butter in 12 inch non-stick skillet until sizzling; add broccoli, carrots and garlic.Read More...
Shrimp and beef are a popular combination when making stir fry noodle dishes. This page is about making shrimp and beef stir fry noodles.