Stir Fry Pasta Recipes
Many Italian recipes start with pan or stir frying indredients. Different kinds of vegetables, meat or tofu can be stir fried then mixed with pasta to create a delicious main dish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fast and easy meal for 2 people. The best part is it's delicious, nutritious and under 10 bucks to make. The vegetables are stir fried 'til tender with added Italian seasoning, served over pasta, and meatless. It's very, versatile in that you can use any fresh vegetables you love.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: less than 1 hr
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium bell pepper green or red
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 -1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8-1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 package Linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1/4-1 tsp salt (to your taste)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
- First boil some water to cook your pasta.
- Cut or slice your different vegetables and place them in separate bowls.
The reason we're using separate bowls is to be able to easily put each kind separately into a wok or skillet.
- You can start with your zucchini, stir fry a few minutes, then remove from your skillet or wok, and then add more olive oil and then the next batch of cut up veggies, mushrooms for instance, and stir fry those until slightly tender, then your cubed eggplant, and so on.
- Stir fry veggies in a tsp of olive oil, in a wok or skillet with a little salt and pepper on them. We're stir frying the different vegetables separately because different vegetables cook faster than others, so we're taking that into account, as we don't want to over cook any of them. When the veggies are slightly tender/stir fried, put them all into one larger bowl all together after each "batch of veggies" are cooked. Then set aside.
- Now add another tsp of olive oil, heat, and add your minced garlic (no need to wash your wok or skillet). Stir fry the garlic until aromatic. Leave the garlic in your wok or skillet.
- Now with a slotted spoon, sort of shake out some of the juice of the diced tomatoes from a can. If some of the juice is left, that's okay, some is needed.
Add your diced tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, and butter now. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Now dump the bowl with all of your slightly cooked vegetables into your wok or skillet, and flip around to coat evenly.
- Scoop your cooked vegetables onto your plate of pasta, sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese, and dinner is served!
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled.
Set aside. Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.Read More...
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. In wok or deep-sided 12 inch skillet, heat oil. Add garlic; stir-fry for 15 seconds.Read More...