Making a Child's Felt Wrist Control Panel

Use your crafting skills to enhance your child's imagination. If they need a wristband control panel to charge their batteries or for performing other functions, get out your felt, button, and thread. This version even has its own charging cord; a very important accessory.

I made this control panel for my 4 yr old son. He told me that he needed something that would charge his engine and control the mechanical parts of his body. He is amazingly creative and I just had to make that happen. This is what I came up with:

I attached various buttons for the knobs and buttons that would control his movements. I also stitched accents onto the panel, such as arrows and dial marks.

I made an elastic strap that would allow him to conformably wear it on his wrist.

The "D" ring is where the charging cord attaches to restore his engine's power.

I made the charging cord out of ribbon and and a clip to hook it to his control panel.

The other end has a loop with a Velcro fastener so that he can attach it to his carseat, a table leg, or anywhere that he wants his charging station to be.

He is amazingly creative! And I love that you brought this to life for him. So awesome :)

I L-O-V-E this!

You are very creative. I know some kids that would love this!

Children need things that stir their imagination. This is a great idea. That and a box, to play in, can keep a child busy for hours.

Crafts Crafts For KidsNovember 21, 2019
🍂
🎄