Making a Crochet Beaded Necklace

Category Jewelry
Combining beads with crochet can be used to make lovely necklaces. This is a page about making a crochet beaded necklace.

This is a quick, simple, and a fun way to make a new necklace. The supplies are very inexpensive to get. And once you get them, you will have enough to make a lot of necklaces and many more crafts!

Total Time: 30-45 min

Source: My mom

• scissors
  • 1 small yarn needle (optional)
  • size 3 crochet hook
  • 1 ball of thread yarn
  • 1 small pack of small beads

1. Slide a good amount of beads onto your yarn. Then make a slip stitch on your crochet hook.
  2. Advertisement

3. Slide 1 bead down to your hook, then chain 1.
  4. Chain 16 then slide another bead down to the hook. Chain 1. Keep repeating this step until your necklace is the desired length you want.
  5. Once your necklace is as long as you want it, cut the yarn that is connected to your hook about 4 inches from the hook. Pull the yarn through and pull it tight.
  6. Then use a small yarn needle or your crochet hook to weave in your ends. I used my crochet hook. You can weave your hook in the chain of your necklace, hook the loose end, then pull it through. Cut the extra yarn. Then you are finished!
  7. Advertisement

My mother made me a necklace back in the '60s or early '70s. It was a rope of "pearls" long enough to wrap 2 or 3 times around my neck, fastened together at the ends, no clasp or fastener. She said it was crocheted, but no thread showed. I would love to have the pattern to make them for my daughters.

By a. newman from port orange fl

Answers

If you crochet well, here's the answer. Put several hanks of beads on your crochet thread. I use white hand quilting thread most of the time. Single crochet 4 beads in succession. Form into a circle and close with a sc. Then, put your crochet hook under the first bead, move the bead aside, pull another bead down and sc it.

Continue doing this until you reach the length of rope you want. Close off as you would any crochet project. You can then sew the beginning and end together to make a necklace, or add a fringe to make it a belt. The book, PEARLS PLAIN AND FANCY will give you a tutorial.

Crafts JewelryMarch 30, 2013
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Crochet-Beaded-Necklace.html