Making a Felt Heart Valentine's Day Tree
Every holiday should have its own tree decoration. This is a page about making a felt heart Valentine's Day tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Who says trees are just for Christmas? This adorable tree is the perfect decoration for this Valentine's day!
- felt (red, dark pink, light pink, white)
- sequins pins
- foam cone
- wire edged ribbon (5/8" wide)
- sewing pins
- heart template
- Create a heart template on a piece of cardboard, cut it out. Use pieces of rolled tape to attach template to felt. Cut out hearts.
- Attach the hearts point side up, with sequin pins. Overlap them a little as you go around. NOTE: I recommend using 2 pins per heart for better hold.
- For each new row, overlap the previous row by about half. I did 6 red rows, 5 dark pink rows, 5 light pink rows, and 5 white rows.
- When you get to the top, the points of the hearts will wrap up onto the top of the cone. Pleat the ends of the hearts so that they cover the top and pin in place.
- Create a bow with the wire edged ribbon. Cut a long length of ribbon and attach it to the top of the cone. Then pin the bow to the top of the cone using longer sewing pins. Curl the ends of the ribbon if you want.
February 15, 20150 found this helpful
I did these last year out of paper and was quite happy with the results. Thanks for posting.