Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Old greeting cards can be used in many crafts. Use a favorite one to make a unique trivet. This is a page about making a greeting card trivet.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create a Christmas trivet from an inexpensive tile and a recycled Christmas card or wrapping paper. It can be displayed on an easel when not in use. Makes a great Christmas gift along with an inexpensive easel!
Editor's Note: This project was received too late for Christmas, but we decided to publish it anyway as you could modify it's seasonality by the type of card or wrapping paper you use.
- white 6-inch glass tile
- Christmas card or wrapping paper
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
- clear acrylic sealer
- felt or cork
- craft glue
- Cut out your design so that it is slightly smaller than the tile.
- Cover the tile with a layer of Mod Podge.
- Place your image over the layer of Mod Podge.
- Apply Mod Podge over top of image.
- Allow Mod Podge to dry completely.
- Spray the tile with acrylic sealer and allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat if necessary and allow to dry.
- Cut cork or felt into squares to fit back of tile.
- Use hot glue or craft glue to adhere the backing to the tile.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.