Making a Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags

Category Other
A great way to recycle loads of plastic bags is to make a rug. This guide is about making a hooked rug using plastic bags.

We get plastic bags from all of our stores when we shop so I decided to put them to use. I found my hook rug canvas and cut my bags in 4 inch by 1 inch strips to make a plastic bag rug. They are soft and good for by the door and when they get dirty, just hose them off. Your only cost is the hook rug canvas. You can make them any size you want.

By Barb from Rothbury, MI

With regards to the plastic bag hooked rug craft project (Plastic Bag Hooked Rug); what do you put on the back of the rug so it doesn't slip?

By Mary Beth

Answers

You can buy backing to hold rugs in place on the floor. Just about anywhere I imagine that sells pre-made rugs or a fabric/craft store.

I'm looking for recycled type ideas, but will welcome any other ideas too.