Making a Shamrock Cake

Category Cakes
This is a guide about making a shamrock cake. If you are planning to make a shamrock cake for St. Patrick's day or someone that is Irish, here are a few ideas.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is an 8 inch white homemade cake with lemon filling for a former priest. My husband and I try to stop in and pay him a visit during Christmas time and his birthday. He's Irish so I drew some tiny shamrocks with a writing tip.

I submitted the tip entitled "Learn Cake Decorating Online."

You can view MCW's tip here:

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

A white cake with green writing and shamrocks.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Pictured here is my first decorated cake and for the longest time I've wanted to learn this. Years ago when we were raising my son I never had the time or the extra money to buy the cake decorating tools. So in my later years, I'm learning to do this by a book. I purchased "Cake Decorating for Dummies" on Amazon.com. The book is so easy to understand that I can learn how to do this on my own. I used a white cake mix and filled the layers with lemon filling, with cream cheese frosting.

By MCW from NY

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes