Making a Shamrock Cake

Category Cakes

This is a guide about making a shamrock cake. If you are planning to make a shamrock cake for St. Patrick's day or someone that is Irish, here are a few ideas.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

This is an 8 inch white homemade cake with lemon filling for a former priest. My husband and I try to stop in and pay him a visit during Christmas time and his birthday. He's Irish so I drew some tiny shamrocks with a writing tip.

I submitted the tip entitled "Learn Cake Decorating Online."

You can view MCW's tip here:

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

A white cake with green writing and shamrocks.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Pictured here is my first decorated cake and for the longest time I've wanted to learn this. Years ago when we were raising my son I never had the time or the extra money to buy the cake decorating tools. So in my later years, I'm learning to do this by a book. I purchased "Cake Decorating for Dummies" (Affiliate Link) on Amazon.com (Affiliate Link). The book is so easy to understand that I can learn how to do this on my own. I used a white cake mix and filled the layers with lemon filling, with cream cheese frosting.

By MCW from NY

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesDecember 5, 2017
🐰
🍀
🌻