Making a Square Hillbilly Dishcloth

Category Ideas
This is a page about making a square hillbilly dishcloth. Crochet this frugal useful project in no time and use up that left over yarn.

Here is a quick, easy and fun pattern that you can use to create with your newly made scrap yarn. I have made many of these for myself and friends. Every time I use them, I think how cool it is that it is made with what otherwise would have been just scraps for the garbage. This is something truly free that you can use everyday.

Another thing I like about this project is that you don't have to weave in ANY ends. The knotted bits sticking out simply give it more character. :)

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: as many as desired

Source: self

• 1 Ball of DIY scrap yarn*
  • 1 Scissors
  • 1 "I" crochet hook
  • 2 hands :)

*To see instructions on how to make your own scrap yarn ball, here is a link:

Scrap Yarn Ball

1. Chain 26 with your snazzy new scrap yarn*.
  2. Double crochet in the 4th chain from your hook and in each chain across. Chain 3.
  3. Double crochet in next chain and each across, chain 3.
  4. Repeat last step 10 more times. Double knot your ends and trim.
  5. This is what you end up with.:)

Videos

Here is one way to use up all your yarn scraps! This dishcloth is cute and a great way to recycle.

Crafts Crochet IdeasDecember 18, 2016
🎃