Making an Ancestor Necklace
Wear your family history around your neck or display the finished necklace in a shadowbox.
Total Time: 2 hours
- birthstone charms
- 1 large pendant, optional
- charm spacers
- one necklace chain
- pliers for jewelry
- small sized picture to fit bubble charm
- bubble charms
- craft glue and scissors
- Print small pictures of ancestors the diameter of the bubble charms (1 1/2" is a good size). Using a circle stencil, place it over the top of the picture, draw around the edge. Cut out a circular picture.
- Remove the top of bubble charms and glue a picture to back of each bubble charm. Then glue birthstone charms on the side of the picture. Pop the plastic top over the top of each picture. Using pliers, attach jump rings to each charm as well as each spacer.
- Design your necklace by deciding where to put pictures and spacers. I used a larger size pendant in the middle of the necklace for my own picture. Using pliers add pendant, bubble charms, and spacers to necklace chain.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.