PaintingCrafts

Marbleized Artwork

This is a fun, simple way to create eye stunning and unique artwork without having to have any artistic talent. You can use this technique on countless objects to gain the same marbleized look, but for this project I've chosen canvas panels. All you need is the object you want marbleized, a bin filled with water, and nail polish and you too will soon be creating beautiful artwork and decorations.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 2

1. First for easy clean up you will want to line your plastic bin or bucket with a trash bag, then fill your bin half way to three quarters of the way full with water. You don't want the water to be too cold or hot, the best results are achieved from the water being at room temperature.
  2. Next, gather your polish and canvas panels. You will want to do this in a room with good ventilation. Be sure to wear disposable gloves as you don't want this polish to get on your skin.
  3. Once you have all your supplies, and bin with water you will want to take all the lids off the nail polish first and set them aside.
  4. Take your first color and pour a few drops into the water. Some will float on top of the water and some will sink. Then add your second and third colors.
  5. Take your canvas panel and fully submerge it into the water and pull it back out. Multiple dips are not recommended as the best results I've found usually come from a single dip. This is matter of opinion of course.
  6. Before switching colors you will want to skim the paint from the top of your water that didn't get on your panel. Set your panel aside to dry.
  7. It will smell heavily of nail polish until it dries so make sure the room is well ventilated. Don't forget to open your window if you're doing it indoors.
  8. After your panels are dry you can individualize them however you would like, I made these here as gifts for my kids' birthdays.
  9. Like I said in the intro this technique can be used on a variety of objects not just canvas panels. I recently used it decorating our Halloween pumpkins and I have all sorts of ideas on how to apply the technique to the Christmas decorating season! Have fun!
  10. I spent less than $10.00 at the Dollar Tree for all my supplies so it's a great way to make meaningful handmade gifts and it won't cost a lot.
  11. Advertisement

Crafts PaintingOctober 31, 2019
🍂
🎄