Marinated Cheese Recipes
A different way to enjoy your cheese. This page contains marinated cheese recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 15, 20093 found this helpful
Whether you choose to use basil or cilantro it's a yum, yum ;-)
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped (plus a tiny extra for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (plus a tiny extra for garnish if desired)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 16 oz. Mozzarella and/or Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced about 1/4 inch thick and cut to cracker size
- Unsalted crackers (such as Carr's Table Water which comes in five yummy different flavors to choose from - Many chain grocery stores sell a generic version)
Arrange cheese in one layer on a large shallow dish or platter. If you need to do two layers wait until the first layer is coated with half of the marinade before placing the second layer of cheese.
Whisk all marinade ingredients well in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the cheese, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
By Ann from Richland, WA