Mennonite Baked Corn
January 19, 2016
An easy way to enjoy home-cooked corn.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- Melt butter and add flour over medium heat.
- Add milk gradually, bring to boil while stirring gradually.
- Add corn, sugar, salt and pepper, and stir and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add beaten eggs.
- Pour into buttered dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until firm.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
January 19, 20160 found this helpful
YUMMMMY Mennonite recipe!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 20, 20160 found this helpful
I've never tried anything like this and I'm pretty excited to try something new... With corn! Thanks for posting :)
January 17, 20170 found this helpful
This was posted last January 2016 but my first time seeing this recipe and I believe it is a "keeper" for me.
I will have to divide it but that is no problem with your excellent directions. Can't wait to try it.
Thanks for all your effort in posting it for us.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.