Mess-Free Graham Cracker Crumbs

Homemade graham cracker crust for pies are the best! With the holidays just around the corner, our kitchens are a mess! Who needs crumbs everywhere on top of everything else? Nowadays, you can buy a box of crumbs, but if you've ever tried that shortcut, you know that something is lacking. They just don't taste the same. The next time you need to crush crackers into crumbs, try this:

Slip a few graham crackers into a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Zip up the bag, but not all the way - leave a small vent for extra air to escape. Roll them with a rolling pin, shake them a bit, and roll again. Pour them into your mixing bowl, or zip them up until you're ready to use them. Crumbs with zero mess. Enjoy!

Top Comment

I can vouch this works. I use the bag to crush cracker crumbs to coat chicken or to put in meat loaf.

EXCELLENT! Why has this never occurred to me?! Ba-hahaha!!

Yes. It does work, and works well.

I started doing this the first time I made Cherry Yum Yum back in the middle of the last century.

So, it's an ANCIENT secret? Ha ha! Just makes me feel so OLD....Cavemen probably put dried up bread in a packet of leaves... Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!

Anonymous

Yes, I'm ancient, not the tip. Glad to see the lady has a nice sense of humor, too.