Microwave Corn on the Cob

You will never boil corn on the cob again. This is easy, and the tastiest, sweetest corn ever. You are not boiling all the flavor out of corn.

You can cook 1 or up to 4 at a time. The time may vary with how many you are cooking. 4 minutes in the Microwave, turning over at 2:00 minutes. Add 1 minute for additional ears of corn.

Follow examples in pictures. Being cautious of hot corn when it comes out of the Microwave. Using Mitts or pot holders is wise.

Total Time: 4:00 minutes per ear of corn, 1:00 added for each additional ear.

Yield: As many as you wish to cook.

1. Start by removing old dark husks that are loose only.
  2. With a large sharp knife, cut of stump and about 1/4 inch into the corn.
  3. Cut away the loose silk and dead husks at the top.
  4. Advertisement

5. Rinse well in cold water.
  6. Put Corn wrapped in wet paper towel in Microwave
  7. Cook on high for 4:00 minutes, turning over after 2:00 minutes. Carefully removing from Microwave with Mitts or pot holders.
  8. With a Paper towel, just squeeze the thin end of the corn and your corn should come sliding out with no husks or silk.
  9. Advertisement

10. Keep squeezing until corn falls out neat & clean
  11. Ready to eat, Hot, sweet and delicious.

First of all you shouldn't be boiling corn in a pot. It be should steamed. Your way is much faster and it is being steamed in the microwave. I think I should give it a try. i do like the fact I can do one at time.

I learned about this way of doing corn 10 years ago from a neighbor and have never looked back. It is the easiest and quick way of cooking corn.

If we want to BBQ corn, we just cook it in the microwave and brown it on the grill for turning it a few times to brown. I agree, if you use this method you will indeed use it all the time.

I like like this method of cooking the corn...BUT...I am concerned that "worms" might be hiding in the corn silks!...Consequently, I remove the husks before cooking it in the microwave...

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesJuly 23, 2013
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Microwave-Corn-on-the-Cob.html