Mini Sewing Machine Not Stitching

These mini machines are notorious for having issues, but that aside like a full sized machine, you will need to do some troubleshooting to see if you can determine the cause of the malfunction. If that fails, check for videos or manufacturer's guides online.

I brought a mini sewing machine, but it is not making stitches. I thought it may be because of the needle. I changed it, but still no result.

Answers

Best Answer

Mini sewing machines are notorious for breaking easily. Buy a real sewing machine at an estate or yard sale. They are inexpensive and the older ones made of metal are better.

Best Answer

There are many brands on the market today and it is hard to narrow down your problem and help you out. However, here are a few things that can be checked to see if you can get this to work again. You need to make sure the machine is threaded correctly to start off with. Next, check the feed dog of the machine and make sure it is moving up and down and feeding the material when in use. Now check the bobbin area and make sure it is free and clear of old thread and dirt. You can now check the belts on the machine to make sure they are working correctly. Last step would be to clean the machine really good and apply a small amount of oil.

Best Answer

These little machines seem to have a lot of problems so it is best to keep a 'repair' site in your bookmarks because you will probably need it often.

But - when working - these are handy for repairing small problems without using the space of a regular sewing machine - space you may not have and may not need very often.
Using your brand name may narrow the search but most of these were made in the same way.
Try to make repairs and enjoy your find.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Repairing...

I have a mini sewing machine. It picks up the bobbin thread, but the fabric only passes through without stitching. It won't stitch at all. What is the problem?

Answers

Best Answer

Make sure the bobbin is inserted the right way. You can also hold the thread in the needle to the left while you put the needle down to pick up the bobbin thread.

Best Answer

When the mini sewing machine is not working or stitching, check the needle if it is in proper position. On the top of the needle there is a flat part make sure that the flat part on the needle is facing the screw.

Best Answer

Not sure if that's your case, though I'm in the same boat as you, working with a cheap machine. It sews very well and I love it, but I had a similar situation.

The problem was that my layers were shifting slightly even though I had thoroughly spray basted. Once I started adding just a few curved safety pins to stabilize whatever I'm working on, the problem went away, and machine stopped skipping stitches.

Make sure your machine can let its feed dogs do their job freely. It's even possible you hold onto your fabric and slow it down at times without realizing, try using a stiletto instead of your finger to guide the fabric.
Here's a useful guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWDVATRAnj0 (it covers most of the common problems)
And here's my machine, Michley, if needed: sewingland.org/.../

I just got this mini sewing machine last week and I sewed with it. It was fine. But all of sudden it began to make noise, I checked online where I got the idea to change the needle afterwards it wasn't stitching well and it's still making noise.

Help me.

Answers

Best Answer

What brand are you using? There are YouTube troubleshooting for many of them. It looks like you are working with a super slick fabric.

You may want to try to pin a layer of tissue paper to the back and then rip it off when you are done. Sometimes slick fabrics make those mini machines go all wonky.

Best Answer

If you are still having problems you may be able to find a video on YouTube that will help.

www.google.com/search?q=%22Mini%22+Sewing+Machine...

If you have only had your machine for a few days (and it is new) then you may want to contact the seller to see about help or replacement.

Not knowing the brand of mini that you have leaves only suggestions for all brands so hopefully one of the videos will be for your brand.

My mini sewing machine is not stitching. Every arrangement is proper. The tension is also set in the proper way. The needle is also in good condition, but it is not stitching at all. It moves the the fabric along without stitching.

Please help.

Answers

Best Answer

Judy is correct about all the complaints about theses machines but sometimes they work well in a pinch.

Here is a video on YouTube (is this your machine?) that goes over this but the sound is not good.
You should check out the comments so you can see how many problems people are having and not getting any really good answers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtYUkPMLU-Q

I checked past questions on these machines (there are several kinds) and happen to see a couple of suggestions that Judy had made for someone to try when having similar problems.
I have copied them below so maybe one might help you.

"Make sure the bobbin area is clean of lint, fabric and thread. Make sure bobbin is not inserted backwards or upside down.

Make sure the bobbin is inserted the right way. You can also hold the thread in the needle to the left while you put the needle down to pick up the bobbin thread."

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 22, 2019
🎄
🍂