Sewing MachinesMachines

Mini Sewing Machine Not Stitching

I have a mini sewing machine. It picks up the bobbin thread, but the fabric only passes through without stitching. It won't stitch at all. What is the problem?

Make sure the bobbin is inserted the right way. You can also hold the thread in the needle to the left while you put the needle down to pick up the bobbin thread.

Anonymous

Needle is not moving

My mini sm-202a will not stitch it picks up the bobbin thread but won't stitch what do I do

When the mini sewing machine is not working or stitching, check the needle if it is in proper position. On the top of the needle there is a flat part make sure that the flat part on the needle is facing the screw.

Same problem that machine how to solve

Not sure if that's your case, though I'm in the same boat as you, working with a cheap machine. It sews very well and I love it, but I had a similar situation.

The problem was that my layers were shifting slightly even though I had thoroughly spray basted. Once I started adding just a few curved safety pins to stabilize whatever I'm working on, the problem went away, and machine stopped skipping stitches.

Make sure your machine can let its feed dogs do their job freely. It's even possible you hold onto your fabric and slow it down at times without realizing, try using a stiletto instead of your finger to guide the fabric.
Here's a useful guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWDVATRAnj0 (it covers most of the common problems)
And here's my machine, Michley, if needed: sewingland.org/.../

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesApril 29, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃